How long can you keep a dumpster rental? A common length for a dumpster rental is between five to seven days. The rental period will be determined by the company’s policies. Rental companies may allow customers to store their dumpsters for as short as 3 days or as long as 14 days, depending on the company. Contractors may be able to rent dumpsters on a monthly basis for larger projects such as demolition and construction. For exact rental policies, it is important to speak with the dumpster rental company.
How can you determine how long your roll-off dumpster will be needed? These tips will help you make the most of your rental dumpster. You won’t need to rush or leave it sitting for days.
The Length of the Dumpster Rental Depends on the Project
The type of project you are using the dumpster for will determine how long it takes to rent. A dumpster rental may be required for only a week for a small job such as a bathroom remodeling project. A dumpster rental for more than 2 weeks may be required for a larger project, such as building a house or adding on to it. Talking with your contractor is a great way to find out how long you will need a dumpster.
Average Lengths for Projects
The project you are working on will determine the length of your dumpster rental. Here are some examples of typical timelines for different projects:
- Remodeling a bathroom 13-25 days – A bathroom remodel takes on average 13 to 25 days. This will depend on whether contractors are hired or if the project is DIY.
- Kitchen remodel 1 month – 5 months – A complete kitchen remodel takes between one and five months or longer depending on the extent of the work required. A new kitchen will require more work than one that only needs to be remodeled with new appliances or backsplash.
- Installation of hardwood floors takes 1-3 days – Installation of hardwood floors takes between one and three days. This is dependent on whether a contractor has been hired or if the project is DIY.
- Deep house cleaning 1 day to 1 week or more – If you have large items such as carpet or furniture that needs to be thrown out, renting a dumpster may be necessary. A full house cleanout can take up to a week depending on how the house is maintained.
- A basement can be finished in 4-8 weeks or more – A basement finish can take anywhere from 1 to 2 months, depending on how big it is and what else needs to be done.
How to Determine the Dumpster Rental Length
Once you know how long the project will take, it is time to search for a dumpster rental company that rents dumpsters for the right amount of time. The dumpster rental will be handled by a contractor if you work with one. If you are doing a DIY project, it is important that you ask the rental company these questions:
- What is the minimum rental length for dumpsters?
- Is it okay to rent a dumpster longer?
- Is there a maximum length of time that a dumpster can stay rented?
- Can a dumpster still be taken away early?
- How much does it cost to extend a rental agreement or have it picked up earlier?
To avoid any unexpected fees or surprises, it is always a good idea that you work within the company’s standard rental times. To have an idea of how long a dumpster will take to empty, plan your project ahead. Before the dumpster arrives, make sure you have a pile of garbage and other debris ready. This will make it easier to fill the dumpster, and decrease the rental period.
Commercial Dumpster Rental Length
For commercial projects, dumpster rentals are typically more expensive than for residential ones. Commercial projects can take up to a year or more. Long-term commercial projects can include bridge construction, road expansions, and new housing developments. Commercial renters should have a conversation before any project starts with a dumpster rental company. This will ensure that all costs can be predetermined so there are no surprises at the end of the project.
Avoiding Overage Fees
There is a fee for keeping the dumpster more than you originally planned. You can only keep the dumpster for one week if you intend to dispose of the waste.
To avoid potential fees, it is better to stick to the rental period recommended by the company. You can spend more if you rent it out for longer than the base rate.
If you have more to do than just emptying the trash, contact the dumpster rental company. They will work with you to find a solution and offer a longer-term at a lower rate.
It depends on what type of project you are working on, and how long you can rent the dumpster for. Whatever the size of your project, you can get in touch to discuss renting a dumpster longer or negotiating a lower rate.
What to Expect When You Call
A reputable dumpster rental company will give you a few things to look for when you call to reserve your bin.
- They should promptly answer the phone, listen respectfully, and offer professional solutions.
- The dumpster should be delivered on time and not take more than 24 hours after you place your order
- Cleanliness is important for drivers, vehicles, and bins.
- You can store your car inside the bin, and it will fit in your driveway.
- When bins are full, they should immediately retrieve them
- Before they leave, they should sweep the driveway. This will ensure that your property is as clean as before.
Request a Quote
Dumpster rental is a convenient service for both contractors and homeowners. When you finish a large project, it’s important to get rid of the debris in a safe and effective way. When you get in touch with PAR Hauling Solutions, you can count on affordable rates and quick response times that makes dumpster rental in Pinellas County, FL seamless and straightforward. Contact us to learn more.